With the rapid increase in mobility, there is a strong need for optimal use of existing infrastructure in and between cities. Accessibility and livability of cities are fundamental themes for citizens and road authorities. Smart Mobility technology offers many new possibilities and applications for a safe and efficient flow of traffic whilst minimizing CO2 emissions and improving air quality.
Connected road users
Smart Mobility connects road users to road side infrastructure and information systems. Rather than traditional anonymous road side traffic information and traffic lights, individual in-vehicle information will help road users to make better decisions. Information from road users, their location and characteristics, helps traffic applications to manage traffic more efficiently and according to public policy. At the same time, the level of autonomy of connected vehicles is rising, given the progress in advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) or auto pilots. Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) cooperative technology will play an increasing role to inform and negotiate with connected cars about speed, warnings, time-to-red, time-to-green of traffic lights etc.
In the evolving eco-system of Smart Mobility, we have created the Dynniq FlowSense service platform that supports different types of smart mobility services, both serving public and private sector. Our track record in mobility infrastructure and software products, our role in European research programs like C-Mobile, Maven and Transaid, and in the Dutch public-private Partnership Talking Traffic make the FlowSense service architecture a solid proven basis for sustainable, safe and smart city mobility.
FlowSense Service Architecture
Our Dynniq FlowSense service architecture connects roadside systems on one side to our FlowSense cloud services platform. It connects road users via the cellular network (4G) to provide all kinds of C-ITS services, like priority at traffic lights. At the roadside, we offer our intelligent traffic light controller FlowNode and our policy based adaptive traffic network ITS application ImFlow, that can be connected to the cloud with a RoadSide ITS Station (RIS) or Hybrid RIS. The Hybrid RIS is a Road Side Unit (RSU) that supports ITS-G5 Wifi 802.11p to communicate in short range with vehicles directly. Services for road users are consumed via apps on mobile devices or on-board units, like our GreenFlow apps. We provide a software development kit (SDK) to simplify app development. Alternatively, in case of the use of ITS-G5, we offer an on-board unit (OBU) that communicates with the app as a visual interface.
- Introducing smart mobility opens up possibilities to make traffic safer, improve flow, reduce environmental impact and facilitate accessibility and livability of cities. Imagine a city that gives priority at traffic lights to emergency vehicles with blue light, so they reach their destination sooner and the amount of accidents at intersections is reduced.
- Priority for public transport will lead to predictable time schedules.
- Trucks are guided through or around the city in the most efficient way with as few stops as possible to save fuel and emissions.
- Also consider traffic lights that extend the duration of the green light automatically based on the level of mobility of pedestrians.
- Or imagine groups of children cycling to school and crossing junctions safely, because they are ‘seen’ well ahead of the intersection and get green without breaking up the group.
Our platform offers cities an effective way to facilitate their mobility policies and promote a more sustainable environment. Together we create an optimal traffic flow by increasing road safety, reducing emissions and preventing congestion at busy intersections.
Via this form you are requesting more information about our FlowSense platform.